Saturday, September 27, 2008

Map-Internship Boardgame


For my map project, I didn't want to do a typical map. At first, I considered doing some sort of maze or puzzle but decided that those didn't quite fit with what I wanted to do. So, instead, I looked up images of different board games. Board games have more 'direction' and allow for narratives to be told. For awhile, I had been looking for a way to bring a sense of closure to my summer. I felt as if loose ends were not tied away, and it was a confusing and awkward time of transition from my internship to school. I didn't want to forget what I had done and learned while I was in San Diego as a pastoral intern. I began to list all the different experiences I had there. Then, I thought of ways to translate that onto the gameboard. I included tasks that every pastoral intern (under this program) had to undergo. This was the bottom sheet-black & white. I also wanted to show what I made out of the internship. So, I used tracing paper and with different colored pens, I drew arrows and wrote my thoughts about each task as I went through them. I guess it's like watching a movie and then watching it again as you listen to the Directors'/Actors' commentaries.


No comments: