Monday, October 20, 2008

Into the Wild








I decided to hang it up in my common room at South Gate which was an easy place as I could observe people’s reaction to it and I also felt I would get more honest opinions from people I was familiar with. As there were limited places to hang it up, I had to change the structure of my sculpture. I made all the objects face a certain way, so the viewer could observe the different colors. I hung it up on the door so that it was the first thing people noticed when they entered the common room. I got an overall positive reaction.

Some of the comments I received were,

‘Wild’

‘The colors are great and it’s so creative’

‘The red butterfly is the best part’

‘The color adds a lot to the shape and it all works really well as a whole’

‘Very eye-catching and creative’

‘The aqua soda cans provide a beautiful and serene aura to the piece and this piece really adds a whole new dimension to everyday objects.’

‘It looks like those weird flowers from Sponge bob’

‘I hope you got your tetanus shot!’ 

No comments: