Friday, November 21, 2008

Representation of Art at Duke

I decided to interview my friends about the representation of art at Duke, and the interest they thought people took to it.  I did not include all of the interview, but as evidenced by the last clip, art is apparently important to some students more than others.  Matt Davis is an engineer and does not even consider art at Duke, and only really has any idea of art at Duke through his friends.  My friend Ellary also had a hard time coming up with art pieces that she could name off the top of her head, which is implies a lack of visibility for the few works of art that we do see at Duke.  She is more interested in Performance art, but even in this category, as she says, many times the actors are met with a small audience.  To me, art has a small representation here at Duke, and as Ellary says, even the "artsy" students must it seek out.  


No comments: