Friday, October 17, 2008







For the soda can project, I tested out a few different ideas but nothing seemed to work out the way I wanted to. I decided on a mobile theme and went from there. Using wire, I created two layers of rings and then a spiral of wire hanging at the bottom. I used cans in every aspect of the project. I used the scraps of labels to wrap around the rings and I used the bottoms and tops of the cans to hang from the spiral and also the first ring. Hanging from the second layer are cans cut in various ways.  I used wire to create the body of the mobile- the two rings, the spiral-and to connect the whole thing together. Because it was raining when I was going to hang it, I decided to hang it in the doorway at the end of my hall in my dorm. As the day went on I saw a few people wandering over to check it out. One person asked if I had created it and said that it was "Very cool." My RA said I should leave it up for decoration but I might bring it outside possibly.

No comments: